Thursday, December 06, 2007

50 Gallon December





Many months of trial and error I think I may have reached a happy balance. Every day in the 10th hour (basically sunset time for the aquarium) a magnificent display of photosynthesis happens. Everything starts pearling.. even the xmas moss.. its really breathtaking. I've checked my KH and GH and I seem to be running a little high on CO2.. higher than what it should be, so I've adjusted that. My PH is 7, I'm running lights at around 5.2 watts per gallon, and I have a pressurized CO2 system leting out around 3 bubbles a second.

Last few months I've been fighting hair algae thats been accumulating in the clover and glosso beds in the foreground and sides... I think I have it at bay finally. Just weekly water changes, reduced lighting schedule and good ol' PMDD drops did it. The water changes I think are the strongest fight.. you can almost watch the algae die every week with new fresh water (up to 30% a week replaced). The layout is is pretty thick and bushy, but I have a plan my friends!! See you next year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home