Tuesday, November 20, 2007

amanda's first post





firstly, i think I just made everyone in the group receive an email with their log-in info... sorry! this is my first ever blog post, and i'm off to a pretty crummy start : )

this is my fish bowl, and these are my plattys! my husband and I started with two plattys, i'm guessing about 3 years ago. They had 3 kids, and they eventually had several. Over the last few months we've had about 10 new babies at different intervals, so there's several different sizes in there.
This past weekend we gave them a big cleaning with a new plant, and they all had to be caught and kept in a bowl for a couple of hours. My plan was to count them, but I lost count at around 15. My guess is about 30.
Their ecosystem is as simple as it gets, a plant light and a plant. The glass needs de-algaeing every two weeks, but the water stays pretty clear. : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home