Wednesday, December 05, 2007

20 Gallon early Dec.

Since November the Krypts are continually taking off strong and the thin Vals are multiplying adding more depth to this 20 gallon world. The giant siamese algae eater I had was donated to a new and bigger home, and since I've noticed new moss growth, now I have a cambodian siamese algae eater who I suspect does not eat the moss (hopefully). 




This is the new filter set up. It's a DIY canister filter made with glass parts and tubing from Active Surplus. The pump cost about 55$ and all the materials including the media cost about 30-50$, still cheaper than an Eheim canister but it has its problems. It's not quite air tight as it could be so air gets little by little which makes an annoying sound when the air gets into the impeller. 

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That's a sweet planted tank MIchael, very nice!
How do I post pictures?

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home